Hey y’all! Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish question idea that was originally created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, from way back in June 2010! Since January 2018, Top Ten Tuesday has been hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Thanks for taking it over! The idea is to make a list of ten books or bookish things on different topics each week. Check out her site for details on how to join and what the upcoming prompts are. 😊 You can also see all the posts from other bloggers linked on each weekly post on their main site.
This week’s prompt was for funny book titles, but the only one I could think of even close to this was Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson, which is only funny to me because I know what the style of her writing in it is.
Instead, I’m switching this up to be books that made me laugh, which is actually a post I did a year or two ago but still tracks. Maybe I’ll do a new list soon but for today this works! This list has both nonfiction and fiction, and a brief description of the kind of humor in each. 🙂
The second part of this is a look at what books other have posted for today’s actual prompt. I’ve done this once or twice before for other Top Ten Tuesday prompts and had a lot of fun with it! Plus I’m curious what others have found, and if there even ARE any that multiple people mention. Let’s see…
- Most folks seem to agree: nonfiction titles are funnier! There are a lot (and a lot of mine were too)
- I don’t think I saw a SINGLE book mentioned twice!! Very impressive!
- wordplay, turns of phrase, and unexpectedly blunt or bizarre titles were the bulk of these
- huge range of genres: cozy mystery, historical, memoir, children’s, erotica, romance, contemporary, scientific… so much to choose from!
The covers of each book below link to the blog where I found it listed! Thanks to all — the folks listed below are:
- Cheryl @ The Book Connection
- Anne @ Head Full of Books
- Ely @ Earl Grey Books
- Dedra @ A Book Wanderer
- Lectrice @ Lectice Vorace
- Rissi @ Rissi Writes
- Michael @ Books Lovers Sanctuary
- Allison @ Bookish Allison
- Nicole @ Nicole’s Nook