Hey y’all! Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish question idea that was originally created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, from way back in June 2010! Since January 2018, Top Ten Tuesday has been hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Thanks for taking it over! The idea is to make a list of ten books or bookish things on different topics each week. Check out her site for details on how to join and what the upcoming prompts are. 😊 You can also see all the posts from other bloggers linked on each weekly post on their main site.
This week’s prompt (by Ellie @ Curiosity Killed the Bookworm) is for books with covers that feel like summer. Like sunshine, and smores, and fireflies, and swimming, and flirting, and playfulness, and potential. All that: in a book cover. I thought this would be a hard one, but I ended up having to cut a bunch out of my list! 😊
I’ve read about half of these, although it’s a CRIME that I never reviewed Siri, Who Am I? because that book was SO SO SO much better than I expected and genuinely funny and thoughtful and unexpected. 😁
The ones I’ve read:
- Review: No Words by Meg Cabot
- 100 Days of Sunlight by Abbie Emmons
- Review: Anna K Away by Jenny Lee
- Review: Lucie Yi Is Not a Romantic by Lauren Ho
- ARC Review: No Ex Before Marriage by Portia MacIntosh (1/11/22!)
- The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland by Rebekah Crane
- Siri, Who Am I? by Sam Tschida
The ones I want to read:
- The Meet Cute Method by Portia MacIntosh
- If You Ask Me by Libby Hubscher
- With You All The Way by Cynthia Hand
Yes, Portia MacIntosh is on here twice. I could probably do an entire post of JUST their books and it would still fit this theme perfectly. xD
Most common picks!
I did this a week or two ago when I was extremely tired on Tuesday and compiled books from others lists to compare for the day! Today I made my own, but also wanted to highlight some that I saw often in others lists.
- Malibu Rising was one of the most common ones, including two different covers!
- Basically anything by Emily Henry was really popular xD
- Jennifer Weiner made her expected appearance, though not as much (or as many titles) as I had thought there’d be!
- Romances (no surprise) were front and center
- Boldwood Books represented HARD (even on my list!!) and for good reason!
And some ones I rarely that seemed perfect!
(I linked the first / only blog I saw each on. 😊)
- Don’t Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno (from Lauren @ Always Me!)
- Breathe and Count Back From Ten by Natalia Sylvester (from Kait @ Kait Plus Books!)
- Summer Bird Blue by Akemi Dawn Bowman (from Alex @ My Book World 24!)