Hey y’all! I’ve seen a few folks (Misty, Carla, Dini) posting about joining a reading goal for the summer of 20 books from June 1st (whoops) to September 1st. I’m a bit late, but I wanted to join in! The catch, if you don’t mind me calling it that, is to also review all of the books read in that time / chosen list. Which is where my strength tends to fail me. xD
So since I’m late and am not sure I’ll read 20 more books in the next two months, I’m going to try this year out at 15! Maybe next year I’ll start on time and give it a 20, but I’m already 5 books in to June right now so I’ve shot myself in the foot a bit with this. For my purposes, I’m also going to include books as counted if I DNF them (and review them for why!) since that means I gave it a shot and got it off my list.
Anyway! The original challenge is created and hosted at 746 Books, and you can check out the details and snag some pretty graphics if you want to join as well. You can comment on their sign up post to add your own too!
I’m going to add these as more of categories than specific book list. For example, I’ll add Sankofa to this list as a book to read, but any Book of the Month book that I haven’t read will fill that slot if not that book. Covers link to Goodreads or my review once it’s up! I’ll update the covers with the books I actually end up using, as well, but my original list includes my first-picked titles. 🙂
- Book of the Month: Sankofa by Chibundu Onuzo
- Fast Forward Friday book from before 2022 x2: The Opposite of Fate by Alison McGhee, Highfire by Eoin Colfer
- COMPLETE: new summer release:
Nothing But The Truth by Holly James (7/12/22)Lucie Yi is Not a Romantic (6/21/22)
- first book in a series I’ve always meant to start: A Quest of Heroes by Morgan Rice
- COMPLETE: a book set in New England:
The Storied Life of AJ Fikry by Gabrielle ZevinThe Woman in The Library by Sulari Gentill
- COMPLETE: a Goodreads Award winner: Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner
- COMPLETE: a book I keep getting from Hoopla but not reading: A Touch of Darkness by Scarlett St. Clair
- one of the oldest books ever added to my Goodreads TBR: The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- COMPLETE: a Storygraph recommendation: Soundless by Richelle Mead
- COMPLETE: a super popular book I’ve been avoiding:
It Ends With Us by Coleen HooverThe Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood
- a book I recently bought: Two Nights in Lisbon by Chris Pavone
- an arc: The Year Without A Summer by Arlene Mark
- the last book in a series: The Obsidian Butterfly by Lani Forbes
- Random jar pick:
TBD! WHO KNOWS! Sorry I Missed You by Suzy Krause as a potential option!It ended up being Pale by Edward Farmer!
As I finish and post reviews (whether on this blog or on Goodreads) I’ll link them here!
- Review: Soundless by Richelle Mead — Storygraph Recommendation
- Review: The Woman in the Library by Sulari Gentill — Set in Boston
- Review: A Touch of Darkness by Scarlett St. Clair — A book I keep borrowing from Hoopla
- Review: Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner — A Goodreads Award winner
- Review: Lucie Yi Is Not a Romantic by Lauren Ho — A new summer release
- Review: The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood — a super popular book I’ve been avoiding