How many books that I planned did I read?
I planned 4, and read 3 of those 4, but finished 8 total books.
I really only planned about 4 books. Three of the four I expected to be slower reads for me, either due to length or complexity. I was like half accurate with that. xD
I read 3 of my 4 books, but I ended up reading a whoooole lot more. Turns out The City of Brass is exactly the kind of book I love wildly, and I immediately purchased and read the next two books in the series in the same month, for a total of over 1500 pages just from those 3 books. xD I think I also actually binged a webcomic series or two, but for whatever reason I didn’t add those in. Ah well.
Well I didn’t do a wrap up for January 2022, so combining both months? It’s quite a roller coaster of highs and lows. I had some really bad days for my mental health, which is nothing new in the winter, but they were particularly nasty this year. We also got our puppy home who we’ve been waiting for since last summer. Our girl. 🥰 It’s my first time with a puppy so it’s been a lot of learning and very tiring. xD As I speak, she’s finally settled down on her bed near me to allow me to type this up!
I feel like I was somewhat sporadic the last two months, partly due to winter blues and partly due to a serious lack of free time once we got our puppy. Both things are pretty draining! But still, I’m here. 🙂 I’ve been trying to write at least a short couple of sentences on each book I read so I remember it in the future, even if just for myself and nothing I post, and that’s actually been going fairly well. Yay!
Here are some of my favorite posts I worked on this month, in case you missed them!
- How did I do with the 2021 Library Love Challenge?
- Top 5 Books with Valentine in the Title
- And I’m about to start a new one…
And here are some of my favorite posts by other bloggers!
- Discussion Post | 7 Things in American and British novels that used to astound me as an Indian reader. by Riddhi @ Whispering Stories!
- Let’s Talk Bookish: Book Buying Bans – Yea or Nay? by Dinipanda @ Diniapanda Reads!
- Incorporating Antifragility Into Your Personal Finances by Kevin Hall @ The Sensible Merchant