How many books that I planned did I read?
I planned nine-ish with an expectation that I would get through about 7 of them. I ended up reading 11, and as expected, half of those unplanned. 😁
I had a few ARCs, and few BOTMs, a few library loans, a few recent purchases on this list. That basically is the list, actually.
HOOOOO BOY. I think the last day of October, I had barely started a book I found on Booksirens called Fire Within and I was like yeah I’ll give it a go. And then I LOVED it, and proceeded to read book 2, book 3, and book 4 in the series voraciously. The only reason I haven’t immediately started number 5 yet is because once I finish it, I’ll have to wait for more (if there are more?) and I don’t want that. 😭
I did finish three ARCs as well, and one was surprisingly good and one was surprisingly not great. What about the third, you ask? Beasts of a Little Land was as good as I had hoped (pub 12/7!). 😍 I was also torn on my BOTM pick, Keeper of the Night, where I absolutely loved it for most of the way through and then the way it ended seemed to hint at a direction I have ZERO interest in for the continuation in book two. 😐
- I attended a funeral
- I went on a date, like pre-covid times
- a squirrel knocked on my window
- I went to a live show of WWE RAW
- I enjoyed the new fireplace
- I ate a reese’s cupcake that was better tasting than I expected and just as unhealthy as I expected
- I drove 6 hours in a day
- I was on TV
After some pretty spotty posting for a few months, November seemed to help me get back to it. I’m guessing this is because it started to get colder and sadder, so I stayed inside more and read more to escape.
I am feeling more creative again though, so I’m planning to continue my blue-box trend (not BOTM blue box, that might be discontinued…).
Here are some of my favorite posts I worked on this month, in case you missed them!
- Word Origins: was blackmail ever actually black?
- The opening round of Goodreads Choice Awards is live! (with rule changes and NO MORE WRITE INS?!)
- 8 Books I’m Grateful For
And here are some of my favorite posts by other bloggers!
- 13 Books With Unexpected Story Structures by Sabrina @ Wordy & Whimsical
- YALLFest 2021: Book Events are Back! by Breanna @ Paws & Paperbacks
- Is Picking Up a Quarter Worth Your Time Anymore? Was It Ever? by Kevin Hall @ The Sensible Merchant