How many books that I planned did I read?
I planned eight. Of those eight I read — one. One. Because I got distracted by a bunch of other books instead (6 total finished). My mood reader-ness hit hard this month, and I actually don’t hate it!
So I read 6 in January, and only 1 was planned (the one that had already been in progress, of course. 🤣) The rest are still on the backlog to read through. I did attempt one other from the list, but gave up about 75% of the way through.
You can probably guess from the fact that I only read 6 books in January, but I slowed down a bit. Partly because house work continues strong, and we’re really really trying to push through the last pieces to wrap this up soon. And also partly because I’m gaming a lot more with some new activities opening up. And I’m determined to get really good, so some of my reading is actually about raid mechanics and conduit strategies and the best rotation options by covenant. I’m gonna be badass, y’all. Just.. once I have time again. 😅
January was a month where I didn’t post quite daily. There were definitely days where exhaustion – mental and physical – won, and I decided to just play a game or watch a movie instead of writing. It happens, eh? But even with that, I had a couple of year in review sorts of posts that were fun to put together and reflect on how my reading has changed and grown in the last year.
Here are some of my favorite posts I worked on this month, in case you missed them!
- A- Z Challenge 2020 Complete!
- 2020 Year in Books (Thanks Storygraph!)
- 2021 Library Love Challenge!
- I admit, I was surprised by House of Earth and Blood
And here are some of my favorite posts by other bloggers!
- Same book – Different title (a bookworm’s gripe) by Fictionophile (the baffling world of re-titling)
- Recipe: Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins by Anne @ Books Baking & Blogging (I am looking forward to trying this one!!)
- The Pond Book News #71 – Muay-Thai, Half-Gods, & Comics about Vampires by Skye @ The Quiet Pond (so many wonderful upcoming books!!)
- 6 Publishing Trends to Bring Back by Krysta @ Pages Unbound (series numbers, YES)