If you’re anything like me — generally uncrafty despite dreams that I could be — then you might also have no idea what “bujo” means. I thought it was something sexual 😬 or possibly related to the famous evil dog of a similar name.
Spoiler alert: it is very definitely neither of those things. Bujo = bullet journal = #bujo. I still have a lot to learn about bookstagram and its many popular hashtags. 😂
Once I uncovered the mystery, I thought about it and realized if I am ever going to have a chance to get into this, it’s now.
- I’m currently unemployed due to COVID19 and waiting until the company can bring people back, so I have plenty of time on my hands.
- Most of my time each day is spent reading, or writing about reading, or reading about reading.
- I’ve been trying to find something hands-on and creative that I could work on to have something productive come out of this sudden abundance of time.
My goal for the week is to embrace journaling and set up my own! Even though I ordered a set in early April, shipping delays have had me waiting. I finally got my set yesterday, and have been having fun testing out the markers and looking through all the stickers and stencils. THANK GOD for the stencils because did I mention I am not artistic? I’m not. If you’re expecting art from me, just tell yourself it’s abstract art. 👌 But fret not, for I have a plan.
I’ve done extensive research on instagram and blogs for page ideas and layouts that other people have used in their bookish dot journals. The plan is to make mine fully about books, so I have a clear focus to help narrow things down. Here’s what I’ve mapped out for pages:
- monthly calendars
- ARC tracker & release dates
- list of books read in 2020
- visual shelves of books read in 2020
- favorite book per month & bracket for best of the year
- reading stats
- challenge pages
- month detail pages & BookishFirst bingo
- pages for book doodles & quotes
Hey! Do you have a bullet journal? Have you ever tried to keep a journal? Do you have a Pinterest board full of other people’s creations that you just like to admire? Please send them my way! I owe a lot of my inspiration for this to jojobuckreads and their many gorgeous and clever page ideas, but I can always use more.
I’ll post some photos as I fill it out! I’m excited to go get started. ^.^