Hey y’all! Here’s my PSA on the best way to get some new reads on your shelf while you’re stuck inside, without spending a ton of money, and while also benefiting a non-profit for at-risk youth. I’ve mentioned them before, because I adore them so much.
More Than Words is a fantastic bookshop in the Boston area, run completely by teenagers. And I promise, it’s run very well! The organization gives these students real-life training, mentoring, plus a paying job in addition to so much more. Currently, the adult staff of MTW are driving around to deliver food to students who are struggling with meals due to COVID19: for example, those who are low income and depended on free school lunches.
They’re also currently running a social-distancing-approved skeleton crew of their online store, so you can still get new reads! A run down of all the benefits:
- their online bookstore has tons and tons of used books in good condition
- their prices are super low – a lot of titles are just $3.99!
- at the time of writing they also have a deal for 20% off any purchase over $20, which basically means free books
- their shipping is super fast despite all the current challenges: I ordered 3 days ago and already got my delivery! and for those in the US, shipping was free!
- that noted, they also have international delivery, so anyone reading in another country can still take advantage
- again, it 100% benefits these teens running the store, which they need even more than usual right now
Go check them out on their online bookstore or through their eBay store. You can also see a bit of what they have to offer from my Valentine’s day trip that left me very happy! 😍 Or stay tuned for tomorrow when I can show you my latest bunch. 😊
One thought on “More Than Words in a time of need”